Oliver Winery
  • - Winemaking
  • Bloomington, IN, USA
  • $16
  • Hourly
  • Full Time
  • Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. Employee Stock Ownership Retirement Plan and 401(k). Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program. Paid lunch breaks.

The Forklift Operator will serve as a key support position for our winemaking department. This staff member will work under the management and supervision of the Winemaking Office & Logistics Manager, and take direction from the Warehouse Supervisor. The Forklift Operator's main responsibilities will include supporting the bottling line through moving, stacking, and transporting pallets of wine and glass. In addition, this staff member will be accurately and efficiently loading & unloading freight for winery business, reporting receipts and deliveries, and stacking product in the winery's warehouses, all in accordance with our company's Standard Operating Procedures.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:

  • Safely, efficiently, and responsibly operating a forklift truck.
  • Carefully moving and stacking pallets of wine.
  • Safely unloading glass delivery trucks and stacking glass pallets.
  • Safely and accurately loading and documenting shipments according to standard operating procedures.
  • Transporting glass pallets to the winery bottling line.
  • Loading and controlling quality of pallets into the palletizer machine.
  • Changing out stretch wrap on wrapper.
  • Performing quality control of pallet formation and stretch wrapping.
  • Manually building pallets of bottled wine.
  • Unloading freight deliveries and stocking in warehouses, according to our standard operating procedures.
  • Maintaining organized FIFO (first-in, first-out) inventories.
  • Performing warehouse cleaning and organizational duties as directed.
  • Adopting and maintaining 5S culture and established winemaking practices.
  • Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.  

QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: 

  • High School Diploma or equivalent.
  • Extensive experience operating a forklift, minimum of two years.
  • Experience working in a commercial warehouse.
  • Demonstrated history of organization skills and attention to detail.
  • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively, and up to 70 lbs. on occasion.
  • Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured to drive Winery vehicles.
  • Due to the nature of our business, applicant must be at least 21 years of age.

SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:

  • Desire and ability to follow all Winery and Standard Operating Procedures.
  • Desire to work in a quality-driven environment that is committed to safety.
  • Comfort in operating Winery machinery with attention and focus.
  • Ability to perform tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances and ensures wine quality, efficiency, and safety.
  • Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
  • Ability to communicate and work with employees, managers, and guests at all levels.

In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:

  • Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment. 
  • Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
  • Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.

PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a wine manufacturing setting that will require long periods of sitting on/operating the forklift truck. It is estimated at least 60% of the time, the Forklift Operator will be sitting on the forklift truck while the other 40% of time will consist of inspecting pallets, loading pallets, documentation handling, or stacking and/or hand-wrapping 40 lb. cases of wine or other winery products.


Typical Schedule:
Position is full-time, generally 40 hours per week. Schedule for this position will typically be 8am – 5pm Monday-Friday, and is based on warehouse/bottling needs.



Oliver Winery is an Employee Owned Company
Check us out on Glassdoor!


This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. © 2020 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC

Oliver Winery
  • Apply Now

  • Start Application Through LinkedIn
  • Sign Up For Job Alerts

  • Share This Page

.
Home Wines Visit Clubs Winemaking About Contact Shop