- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. 401(k) Retirement Account. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Cellar Assistant works as a member of our production team, assisting in daily winemaking activities. With detailed, on the job training, this position will assist in completing work orders that include wine processing and bottling, cleaning of tanks, floors, hoses, and equipment as well as making additions to tanks and performing filtrations. After mastering the basic tasks of winemaking, the Cellar Assistant will be given the opportunity to take on additional duties over time including operating filters, centrifuges, grape press, destemmer, crusher and bottling machinery. As a member of our winemaking team, the Cellar Assistant will report to the Winery Operations Director.
- Assists the winemaking team in daily activities.
- Works on the bottling line as needed.
- Performs winemaking tasks according to standard operation procedures.
- Works to master Standard Operating Procedures for Cellar Assistant Level I in General Movements/Operations, In Tank Procedures, Bottling Procedures, Safety/ Security, Additions, and Warehouse Procedures based on aptitude and winery need.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- Minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent combination of coursework and work history.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Detail orientation and focus on safety.
- Perform tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances/ensures wine quality, efficiency and safety.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Communicate and work with customers and employees at all levels (Oliver executives and those from outside companies, fellow managers, customers, and part time production staff).
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating heavy machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Position is full-time with benefits. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday but is dependent on time and work load.
Check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC