- - Marketing
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. 401(k) Retirement Account. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading and contributing to projects that drive wholesale business development, foster customer retention, provide sales support, and advance brand building.
This position requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, creative, analytic and project management expertise. Focusing on the wholesale side of Oliver Winery's business, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and management of marketing programs implementation, and results (e.g. internal/external branding, point-of-purchase, advertising/sponsorships, events, and digital marketing). This high-impact role will work across functions and interact with clients, vendors, and senior leaders to support the company's business objectives.
The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with team members and wholesale/marketing leaders to draft annual program calendar and conceptualize cross-channel campaigns in support of our company goals and brand strategy. Draft creative briefs for key wholesale programs and assign timelines for deliverables.
- Use data analysis and trade research to create content and rationale that drives interest in Oliver Winery products and partnerships. Using these data points and content, develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
- Lead the execution of wholesale marketing program calendar from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders, and leveraging the right internal processes with creative teams and external agencies and vendors. Oversee marketing coordinator's work with estimates, ordering, and allocation of point-of-sale materials.
- Create, design, and regularly update sales presentation decks and other trade assets throughout the year to support sales team in business reviews and new item presentations. In addition, partner with national accounts manager, VP of sales, and marketing director to build account-specific presentations.
- In collaboration with team members, guide digital asset management across retailer and distributor platforms such as SevenFifty, in addition to the Oliver Winery website and trade platforms.
- Manage execution of wholesale paid media plan. Field ad hoc requests and assign priority and team members to execute; facilitate internal and client approvals
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, using data insights to measure lift and impact of initiatives. Collaborate with marketing leadership to ensure consistency in the messaging, branding, content, and look-and-feel of all internal and external communications and marketing materials.
- Perform industry and competitive analysis to inform the sales process and help positioning and messaging.
- Perform ongoing tracking and reporting on wholesale marketing efforts to keep sales force apprised of activity.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- 4+ years relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and oral.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results.
- Understanding of marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, target audience, and marketing metrics.
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for design, and ability to collaborate and to generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with writers and designers in a broad range of applications, both traditional and digital, using best-practices skills relative to each platform.
- Active and well-rounded experience with broad set of marketing channels and platforms such as: Google Analytics/Tag Manager, CRM tools, MailChimp, Facebook/Instagram ads manager.
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledgeable, self-motivated, and confident.
- Excellent writer and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Prioritize tasks and deadlines, staying organized and completing projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, curious, and eager to learn. Strong, proven problem-solving ability.
- High-energy and initiative to work independently on complex assignments, as well as in a team-oriented professional environment. The ideal candidate identifies problems or opportunities, finds solutions, and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrate professionalism in interpersonal relationships.
- Give and accept direction and constructive criticism from peers and clients. Incorporate feedback and take/give direction well.
- Exhibit interest and appreciation for wine.
Members of our Marketing team will also possess the ability to:
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues and departments across the company to meet the needs of key stakeholders and our audience.
- Clearly and effectively present information and ideas.
- Actively seek out knowledge in marketing and beverage industry, regularly sharing the best of the industry to inspire team members and clients.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will have to spend long hours sitting. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus. The employee may also have to occasionally do some light lifting of supplies and materials. This job is in a winery/production setting that at times requires walking or standing for some period of time.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, salaried. Weekend or evening work is occasionally required, with advance notice.
Check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. © 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC