- - Marketing
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. 401(k) with up to 6% employer match. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading and contributing to projects that drive wholesale business development, foster customer retention, provide sales support, and advance brand building.
This position requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, creative, analytic and project management expertise. Focusing on the wholesale side of Oliver Winery's business, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and management of marketing programs implementation, and results (e.g. internal/external branding, point-of-purchase, advertising/sponsorships, events, and digital marketing). This high-impact role works across functions and interacts with clients, vendors, and senior leaders to support the company's business objectives.
The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with team members and wholesale/marketing leaders to draft annual program calendar and conceptualizes cross-channel campaigns in support of our company goals and brand strategy. Drafts creative briefs for key wholesale programs and assigns timelines for deliverables.
- Uses data analysis and trade research to create content and rationale that drives interest in Oliver Winery products and partnerships. Using these data points and content, develops business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
- Leads the execution of wholesale marketing program calendar from start to finish, driving collaboration with the stakeholders, and leveraging the right internal processes with creative teams and external agencies and vendors. Oversees marketing coordinator's work with estimates, ordering, and allocation of point-of-sale materials.
- Creates, designs, and regularly updates sales presentation decks and other trade assets throughout the year to support sales team in business reviews and new item presentations. In addition, partners with national accounts manager, VP of sales, and marketing director to build account-specific presentations.
- In collaboration with team members, guides digital asset management across retailer and distributor platforms such as SevenFifty, in addition to the Oliver Winery website and trade platforms.
- Manages execution of wholesale paid media plan. Fields ad hoc requests and assigns priority and team members to execute; facilitates internal and client approvals.
- Evaluates the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives, using data insights to measure lift and impact of initiatives. Collaborates with marketing leadership to ensure consistency in the messaging, branding, content, and look-and-feel of all internal and external communications and marketing materials.
- Performs industry and competitive analysis to inform the sales process and help positioning and messaging.
- Performs ongoing tracking and reporting on wholesale marketing efforts to keep sales force apprised of activity.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- 4+ years relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – written and oral.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, ability to meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results.
- Understanding of marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, target audience, and marketing metrics.
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for design, and ability to collaborate and to generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with writers and designers in a broad range of applications, both traditional and digital, using best-practices skills relative to each platform.
- Active and well-rounded experience with broad set of marketing channels and platforms such as: Google Analytics/Tag Manager, CRM tools, MailChimp, Facebook/Instagram ads manager.
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledgeable, self-motivated, and confident.
- Excellent writer and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Prioritizes tasks and deadlines, staying organized and completing projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, curious, and eager to learn. Strong, proven problem-solving ability.
- High-energy and initiative to work independently on complex assignments, as well as in a team-oriented professional environment. The ideal candidate identifies problems or opportunities, finds solutions, and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrated professionalism in interpersonal relationships.
- Gives and accepts direction and constructive criticism from peers and clients. Incorporates feedback and takes/gives direction well.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
Members of our Marketing team also possess the ability to:
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues and departments across the company to meet the needs of key stakeholders and our audience.
- Clearly and effectively present information and ideas.
- Actively seek out knowledge in marketing and beverage industry, regularly sharing the best of the industry to inspire team members and clients.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus. The employee may also have to occasionally do some light lifting of supplies and materials. This job is in a winery/production setting that at times requires walking or standing for some period of time.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, salaried. Weekend or evening work is occasionally required, with advance notice.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. © 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts