Part-Time Tasting Room Staff
- - Retail
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- $10.50 plus tips
- Part Time
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise, participation in wellness events (free flu shots, biometric screening, health-focused lunch and learns, and more), access to employee events and celebrations, paid trainings and meetings.
If you are excited about working in a challenging and rewarding work environment, please consider a part-time Tasting Room position with Oliver Winery. We are looking for team-oriented individuals with customer service focus and an interest in wine. Because we are a manufacturer and retailer of wine, our work setting is unlike any other. You will be surrounded by hard working, success-oriented individuals, state of the art winemaking equipment, and a high-quality product that brings joy to many people. We combine ongoing training and education to make you an expert on Oliver wines and the winemaking process. Our goal is to make and sell great wine and have a great time doing it!
We will be interviewing for this class of Tasting Room Staff the week of January 18. Interviews will take place onsite, and masks will be required for candidates and interviewers. We will begin onboarding and training in February.
COVID-19 Health Precautions: Winery employees are required to submit daily health checks through a phone app when scheduled onsite. Daily cleaning and sterilization are more frequent, and staff are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. Hand sanitizer and hand-washing sinks are readily available for staff and guests. If you want to learn more about Oliver Winery's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how we are keeping staff and guests safe, please visit this page.
- Greeting customers promptly and courteously.
- Creating a welcoming environment for the customer by assisting, as well as quickly responding to, customer inquiries and needs.
- Guiding customers to wines they enjoy.
- Facilitating guided and table-side wine tasting experiences.
- Setting up and cleaning up daily operations and special events.
- Stocking wine and retail merchandise in the tasting room.
- Accurately performing daily inventory and money handling procedures.
- Offering tours of the wine making facility.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
Tasting Room Staff will be performing these responsibilities in various shifts: Lot Attendants, Greeters, Hosts, Flight Crew, Flight Instructors, Cashiers, Patio Servers, Grounds Attendants, and Bond/Barbacks. Interested staff will be eligible to pick up additional alternative shifts in other departments during the spring/summer seasons as needed.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, primarily weekends. Weekend availability is a must.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day.
- Experience in retail or customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid math skills.
- Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Able to participate in team-oriented problem solving.
- High attention to detail.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interact well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibit interest and appreciation for wine.
- Take ownership of responsibilities.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Hospitality team will also possess the ability to:
- Actively, passionately seek out knowledge of wine and the Oliver wine portfolio
- Provide the highest level of service to customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Engage and build strong relationships through active listening and clear, thoughtful communication and teamwork.
- Be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
Typical Schedule: Shift availability and length varies, dependent on the season and Hospitality needs. Shift length typically varies between 5-8 hours and the typical schedule will be 10-20 hours per week mostly on weekends (Fri-Sun) until 9pm.
Pay: $10.50/hr + tips.
This position requires you to possess an Indiana bartender's permit. There is a $45 fee for this three-year permit, which will be partially reimbursed by Oliver Winery after each year of employment.
We strongly suggest that you upload a Cover Letter along with your resume.
Check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.