- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. 401(k) with up to 6% employer match. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Oliver Winery Bottling Line Manager ensures the efficiency, quality, and reliability of our bottling operations through effective management, coaching and training of our bottling team. This position ensures efficient operation and maintenance of our two state of the art bottling lines, which include rinsing, filling, closure applications, labeling, case packing, palletizing, and inspection equipment technologies. The ideal candidate takes pride in leading a team of operators with a focus on safety, efficiency, and quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
RESPONSIBLE FOR BOTTLING LINE EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE – Provides bottling team leadership, management, and development in order to achieve line efficiency goals.
- Ensures team adherence to bottling SOP's and collaborates with Winery Operations Director to review, improve, and create new SOP's.
- Ensures sufficient staffing of full-time, part-time, and temporary labor as needed.
- Approves time cards, PTO, and team schedules.
- Utilizes, maintains, and improves employee skills matrix to create training plans, and ensures team is appropriately trained at all times.
- Creates employee development plans and conducts quarterly employee evaluations.
- Manages individual and team performance levels.
- Participates in hiring process & identifies staffing needs in collaboration with Winery Operations Director.
- Develops and maintains bottling team scorecard.
- Communicates with Winemaking Management team to anticipate bottling needs based on forecasts.
- Through facilitation of daily and weekly team meetings, provides clear direction and communication with respect to team goals, performance, schedules, and other company updates as needed.
BOTTLING OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY– Oversees bottling operations to effectively and efficiently ensure completion of production schedules within established safety policies and quality specifications.
- Ensures bottling lines meet Uptime goals. Optimizes changeover time and ensures changeover targets are met.
- Manages bottling equipment maintenance. Ensures PM's are effectively scheduled and completed by both the bottling team and maintenance staff. Ensures PM's are sufficiently documented and updated as revisions are identified. Orders machine parts and ensures adequate spare parts inventory as necessary in collaboration with maintenance department.
- Leads and directs the implementation of machine improvements in collaboration with operators, maintenance team, and Winery Operations Director.
- Oversees efficient repairs and troubleshooting issues on the line. Ensures escalation procedures are followed and reports performance and quality issues to Winery Operations Director.
- Performs and audits QC checks and ensures adherence to specifications.
- Understands and holds ability to operate each machine as well as perform changeovers, sanitation, startup and shutdown of all equipment as needed.
QUALITY AND SAFETY POLICY COMPLIANCE – Ensures adherence to personal safety, food safety, quality and environmental policies and practices:
- Maintains our safety systems and training processes to ensure bottling employee safety in accordance with Oliver Winery policies.
- Ensures staff adhere to all Quality and Food safety policies including GMP's and HACCP. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid need for rework.
- Participates in safety and quality inspections and audits.
- Monitors and supervises master sanitation and housekeeping within the Bottling department.
- Two+ years of management/supervisory experience (required).
- Four+ years' experience in a high-volume plant production environment (preferred).
- Experience in beverage packaging environment preferred.
- Technical degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean and 6S processes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to adhere to SOP's and ensure staff members follow procedures as well.
- Quality Control mentality.
- Management and leadership skills, including the ability to lead teams and develop machine operators. Willingness and ability to hold team members accountable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft software such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Performs tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances/ensures wine quality, efficiency and safety.
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others. Works well in a team environment.
- Communicates and works with customers and employees at all levels (Oliver executives and those from outside companies, fellow managers, customers, and part time staff).
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating heavy machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Typical Schedule: Monday-Friday dependent upon bottling line schedule.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program up to 6%.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly suggest that you upload a Cover Letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts