Bottling Line Lead
- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
Oliver Winery is seeking a full-time Bottling Line Lead to join our quality-driven, fast-paced Winemaking team! The Bottling Line Lead will bring a focused, technical, and problem-solving mindset to our crew. They will be responsible for supervising machine operators and de-casers with a focus on safety, efficiency and accuracy. The Bottling Line Lead will thrive in our precision-driven winemaking department while ensuring that our bottling line runs to maximum efficiency and quality standards. This staff member will be an effective troubleshooter with good communication skills and will possess the desire and ability to work on a team to accomplish goals. The ideal candidate will join us in taking great pride in the high-quality wines that we create due to the dedication and commitment of our winemaking team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as shift leader on the bottling line, supervising machine operators and de-casers during each shift.
- Oversees and ensures Quality Assurance and Quality Control on bottling line including ideal set up and performance of all machines, accurate settings, proper filtration, adequate fill levels, pressure in bottle, closure application, label placement, case-packing, and palletizing of products.
- Properly sterilizes and performs end-of-day cleanup of bottling line according to specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and replaces parts; ensures accurate documentation of work performed in work order system.
- Performs preventative and planned maintenance of machines during planned downtime and assist the Bottling Manager in training machine operators on cleaning, inspection and lubrication standards.
- Maintains a clean, clutter-free bottling area; enforces and maintains company safety procedures, company policies, GMPs and SOPs.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of coursework and work history.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Bottling, liquid filling, and/or packaging industry preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Must possess the ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must have availability between 6:30am-6:00pm on bottling days during the week.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Responds positively to the direction and observations of the Quality Assurance and Winemaking Management teams, including supervisors.
- Adheres to SOPs and encourages staff to follow procedures as well.
- Performs tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances/ensures wine quality, efficiency and safety.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Communicates and works with customers and employees at all levels.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the Winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating heavy machinery, and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to occasionally work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Typical Schedule: Full-time, typically scheduled about 40-45 hours per week Monday-Friday, dependent on winemaking and company needs. Must be available from 6:30am-6:00pm on bottling days and have flexibility to start/close the bottling day on a rotated schedule. Must be willing to work over to complete scheduled bottling as needed.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.