- - Administration/Finance
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health, dental and vision insurance. Paid time off. 401(k) with up to 6% employer match. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
Oliver Winery is seeking a detail-oriented Office Manager to join our Administration team. The Office Manager is responsible for processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, preparing bank deposits, assisting Senior Management with administrative/accounting tasks, and managing the phone & voicemail system. The Office Manager also plays an important role in the customer service functions of Oliver Winery by answering phone calls and taking phone orders, responding to emails and inquiries from customers & vendors while serving as a Winery representative in all tasks. The ideal candidate brings excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an extremely strong eye for detail, and a positive, constructive attitude. This key staff member reports directly to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs weekly processing of invoices and payments for Accounts Payable.
- Reconciles company credit card expenses and receipts; oversees credit card limits and functions.
- Reconciles, records, and prepares bank deposits and change orders.
- Processes Accounts Receivable.
- Manages Wholesale Distributor Internal Bank Reimbursements.
- Performs forms management.
- Handles new vendor set up and oversees collection of necessary forms to include Certificates of Insurance, W9 and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Performs daily entry of wine (bond) removals.
- Assists with Monthly Close, as needed.
- Oversees phone system configuration and company voicemail setup.
- Answers phone calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Directs phone calls, takes orders and provides customer service over the phone.
- Monitors and responds to emails via website.
- Handles mail distribution.
- Purchases and maintains stock of general office supplies.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Management.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Accounting.
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Demonstrates a willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Admin team also possess the ability to:
- Provide support to our internal and external customers, with a collaborative and constructive spirit.
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Establish and maintain trust of Oliver Winery customers, vendors, and employees through maintenance of confidential information and mitigation of risk to company assets.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will have to spend long hours sitting. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus. The employee may also have to occasionally do some light lifting of supplies and materials. This job is in a winery/production setting that at times requires walking or standing for some period of time.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Some occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program up to 6%.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts