Laboratory Assistant/Quality Control Specialist
- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
Oliver Winery, Indiana's oldest and largest winery, is searching for a Laboratory Assistant/Quality Control Specialist to join our professional winemaking team. This detail-oriented specialist works with the winemaking team under established Oliver Winery standards, guidelines and procedures.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Laboratory Assistant/Quality Control Specialist works under the direction of the Assistant Winemaking/QC Manager within the winemaking department with a focus on quality control. This is a quality control position consisting of routine chemical analysis, bottling quality control, as well as production process quality control. Attention to detail, ability to follow procedure, and desire for accuracy and precision is critical to the success of this position. All aspects of this position support the assurance of making world class wines through ensuring quality specifications are met throughout the winemaking process.
- Conducts wine quality-control through routine analysis of wine, juice, and grapes as directed by the Assistant Winemaker/QC Manager: titrations, density, pH measurement, dissolved oxygen, tank inspections and process inspections.
- Conducts bottling line quality control through line inspections and testing including fill levels, label application, capsule application, dissolved oxygen and closure application.
- Performs packaged goods quality control and performs record keeping (labels, closures, bottles, etc.)
- Collects wine samples for evaluation, testing, blending.
- Performs data entry for analysis into database.
- Conducts daily cleaning and organizing of all lab equipment including glassware.
- Performs daily calibrations of analytical equipment.
- Performs reporting analysis in a timely manner to Assistant Winemaker/QC Manager, Winemaker, and Winery Operations Director as required.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Assistant Winemaker/QC Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, related science (Enology), or other equivalent experience.
- Experience in a lab environment or prior quality control position a plus.
- An interest in wine.
- Ability to observe and distinguish subtle differences in data, color, aroma, etc. (Analytical)
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality.
- Works efficiently and follows procedures.
- Performs tasks accurately according to defined procedures and specifications.
- Ability to take specific direction and follow instructions accurately.
- Ability to quickly analyze, evaluate, and communicate analytical results in real time.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that requires long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Some occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly suggest that you upload a Cover Letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC