- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Cellar Assistant works as a member of our quality-driven winemaking & production team, assisting with daily winemaking activities. With detailed on-the-job training, the Cellar Assistant provides support to our team by completing work orders including wine processing and bottling, cleaning of tanks, floors, hoses, and equipment as well as making additions to tanks and performing filtrations. After mastering the basic tasks of winemaking, the Cellar Assistant may be given the opportunity to take on additional duties over time including operating filters, centrifuges, grape press, destemmer, crusher and bottling machinery. The Cellar Assistant reports to the Winery Operations Director.
- Assists the winemaking team in daily activities.
- Works on the bottling line as needed.
- Performs winemaking tasks according to standard operation procedures.
- Works to master Standard Operating Procedures for Cellar Assistant Level I in General Movements/Operations, In Tank Procedures, Bottling Procedures, Safety/ Security, Additions, and Warehouse Procedures based on aptitude and winery need.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- Minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent combination of coursework and work history.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Detail orientation and focus on safety.
- Performs tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances/ensures wine quality, efficiency and safety.
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Communicates and works with customers and employees at all levels (Oliver executives and those from outside companies, fellow managers, customers, and part time production staff).
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that requires long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating heavy machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Position is full-time with benefits. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday but is dependent on time and work load.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC