National Account Manager
- - Wholesale Sales
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
Oliver Winery, the 29th largest winery in the US, is seeking a dynamic and driven National Account Manager to join our Wholesale team. Through development of mutually beneficial chain account sales, marketing plans, market recaps and account analysis/initiatives, the National Account Manager is a liaison to all chain customers and distributor and winery personnel. Primarily responsible for activating and implementing product authorizations, circular advertising placement, and programming to new & existing chain retailers, the National Account Manager is a passionate individual with demonstrated experience in the beverage industry. This is a travel position, responsible for covering markets across the United States (primarily in the West Coast).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Selling, Sales Plan Execution:
- Develops compelling key account buyer presentations to support sales of programming and placement opportunities.
- Creates and heightens awareness for our brands with new and existing retailers. This will include conducting sales meetings and presentations on a consistent basis to communicate sales and programming opportunities to achieve brand volume and program goals.
- Collaboratively works with distributor key account teams to identify opportunities by brand and account to ensure distributor sales team efforts, account calls, and programs are aligned with focus initiatives.
- Provides leadership in making decisions, developing programs and communicating with and motivating Winery sales organization to execute on set programs.
- Consistently presents product and marketing chain strategies, discussing chain issues and giving chain status updates at retailer, distributor, and internal sales meetings.
- Provides sales tools to the field in support of assigned chain accounts including any applicable communications necessary for the achievement of business plan: chain account pricing templates, program announcements and contact references.
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with the chain account and distributor national account managers. Establishes call cadence based on volume of business with distributor partners, national account team and state level teams where business demands.
Planning, Analyzing, and Maintenance:
- Evaluates chain performance through measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance, and administering policies and procedures.
- Develops strategies in conjunction with VP of Sales and Category Manager/Demand Planner to maximize brand and profit growth in all markets. This includes analysis of chain/retailer opportunities, assessment of appropriate placements and programming by chain, and development of goals, objectives, and strategies for growth.
- Analyzes programming and spending effectiveness to maximize Winery profits by publishing monthly scorecards for distributors, customers and Oliver Winery.
- Offers feedback in development of design and marketing concepts for product displays.
- Tracks sales for assigned chain accounts by unit, chain, dollars, and cases on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Responds to requests, investigates account questions/concerns, and removes barriers/hurdles that may impact Oliver's business with key accounts.
- Maintains relationships with our distributor network, Oliver sales force, and key account buyers to coincide with the strategic objectives and direction of the chains.
- Ensures that brand standards are maintained in planning and execution of programming efforts.
Communication and Administration:
- Reports market activities, accomplishments and opportunities followed with a plan of action to Management.
- Maintains accurate records regarding distributor profiles, organizational structure and competitive brand alignments.
- Communicates market programs and objectives with Oliver management to ensure proper alignment with overall company goals.
- Works with Category Manager/Demand Planner to utilize Nielsen/TABS to create effective selling tools.
- Maintains and updates Oliver Brand and Shelf Standards as needed.
- Tracks all Add-Delete placements by Chains for both Spring and Fall resets annually.
- Maintains key contact lists for both accounts and distributor partners - NAM/KAMs.
- Follows up with accounts on execution of programs and expectations.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in related experience.
- Ten years' experience in the beverage or CPG business with demonstrated success in the development and management of key accounts, national accounts, or chain accounts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as organizational, self-motivational, and analytical skills.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis upon data analysis and presentation tools. Other technology used in this occupation will include customer sales systems.
- Ability to secure a state motor vehicle license, maintain a clean driving record and reliable transportation and meet the winery's auto insurance requirements.
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel schedule, with numerous overnight stays per year.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel schedule.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Demonstrates a willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Sales team also possess the ability to:
- Effectively engage customers, vendors, and distributors to build strong relationships.
- Actively seek out and apply knowledge of beverage industry to further the Oliver Winery brand.
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Make responsible business and financial decisions, operating within the context of sales plan and budget parameters.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The National Account Manager position requires the ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day. It may also require the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds as well as the ability to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Travel, evening work and some occasional weekend work is a requirement of this position.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts