Executive and Winemaking Administrative Assistant
- - Administration/Finance
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Executive & Winemaking Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to our CEO, while also participating on the Administrative team. This position prepares reports and presentations, handles a variety of administrative duties, manages projects, and organizes records, all while serving as an Oliver Winery representative. The Executive & Winemaking Administrative Assistant is a part of a professional work environment that values strong accountability and drives high-quality results. The ideal candidate is a fast-paced, detail-oriented professional that exemplifies strong follow-through on projects and tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, plans, and coordinates presentations and reports.
- Manages calendars and schedules meetings.
- Oversees logistics, agendas, and materials for meetings.
- Works independently and on teams on nonrecurring and ongoing projects to support the Winery.
- Processes expense reports for identified leaders.
- Maintains files and organizes records, including Winery contracts and permanent files.
- Oversees project management for innovation team initiatives.
- Prepares and submits wine excise information reports.
- Enters invoices & cost information in winemaking and accounting software.
- Provides backup support for administrative/accounting functions for current personnel.
- Serves on Donations Committee and administers Winery charitable contributions.
- Serves as member of team responding to administrative email inquiries
- Purchases and maintains stock of general office supplies.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Management.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Accounting.
- 3-4 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Quality communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills, able to work with deadlines and interruptions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- Interest in wine and winemaking.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptable and able to work with various Winery staff, departments, and work styles.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidential information.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Demonstrates a willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Admin team also possess the ability to:
- Provide support to our internal and external customers, with a collaborative and constructive spirit.
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Establish and maintain trust of Oliver Winery customers, vendors, and employees through maintenance of confidential information and mitigation of risk to company assets.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will have to spend long hours sitting. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus. The employee may also have to occasionally do some light lifting of supplies and materials. This job is in a winery/production setting that at times requires walking or standing for some period of time.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.