Part-Time Bottling Line Staff
- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise, participation in wellness events (free flu shots, biometric screening, health-focused lunch and learns, and more), access to employee events and celebrations, paid trainings and meetings.
The Part-Time Bottling Line Staff is responsible for operating various machines on Oliver Winery's state-of-the-art bottling line. The ideal candidate enjoys detail-oriented work, and values the maintenance of high-quality standards and efficient bottling operations. With detailed, on the job training, this staff member participates in daily bottling activities such as setting up/cleaning up the bottling line, performing sterilization of the line, and operating specific parts of the bottling line. The Part-Time Bottling Line Staff reports directly to the Bottling Manager.
- Assists with the setup and cleanup of bottling line.
- Performs cleaning and sterilization operations as directed.
- Independently operates specific parts of bottling equipment, which varies on the shift and could include:
- Accurately and safely handling and dumping glass bottles onto the bottling line
- Operating Labeler
- Operating Capsuler
- Operating Case Packer
- Operating Carton Sealer
- Operating Carton Labeler
- Operating Palletizer
- Operating Forklift
- Assists with preventative maintenance of machines, trouble shooting, reporting operation issues, cleaning, and most importantly, quality assurance.
- Performs winemaking work orders as needed including cleaning tanks, performing filtrations, wine movements, etc.
- Performs other operations assignments as assigned by Management, such as assisting in the cellar or vineyard.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has ability to work on feet for extended periods.
- Has ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Has ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Detail oriented.
- Flexible, shows initiative and possesses a highly motivated attitude.
- Follows work orders accurately.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that requires long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating heavy machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
Typical Schedule: Position is part-time. Schedule is typically Monday-Friday with varying shifts depending on the season and wine production needs. Typical shifts are scheduled between 8am-6pm.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness challenges, free flu shots and biometric screening clinics, charitable giving matches, educational lunch-and-learns, fitness challenges, and education on wholistic health topics.
We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.