Winery Equipment Mechanic
- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
The Winemaking Equipment Mechanic supports Oliver Winery's Winemaking and Facility departments with a focus on maintenance and repair of winemaking equipment (such as pumps, filters, centrifuges and other systems). The ideal candidate is mechanically skilled with several years of experience maintaining and repairing various equipment. Experience in chiller repair/maintenance, boiler maintenance, and HVAC experience are all positive attributes. This staff member reports directly to the Winery Operations Director.
- Leads the completion of scheduled winemaking maintenance (PM work orders) as facilitated by the Maintenance Coordinator and directed by the Winery Operations Director. Provides assistance and expertise to bottling and cellar personnel with trouble shooting winemaking equipment especially in regard to bottling and processing equipment mechanical issues.
- Takes lead role in mechanical repairs including bottling line parts replacement, impeller replacements, oil changes, bearing replacements, partial and complete rebuilds of filters, centrifuges, and other major equipment.
- Performs all work orders and repairs efficiently, accurately, safely, and according to defined procedures.
- Accurately documents all work according to established procedures.
- Efficiently performs hands-on maintenance work for systems & equipment as assigned by Winery Operations Director or Facility Manager possibly including HVAC units, glycol chillers, pumps, motors & controls, hot water heaters, winemaking & bottling equipment, landscaping equipment and buildings.
- Utilizing technical expertise, performs preventive & predictive maintenance with emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, adherence to processes and protocols (including safety) with the goal of reducing machine downtime and controlling long term costs.
- Performs work orders and repairs as scheduled and coordinated through Maintenance Coordinator.
- Works with Maintenance Planner and supervisor to ensure SOP's and PMs are clear, concise, up to date, and appropriately defined.
- Under direction of supervisor, works with other members of the Operations teams, vendors, and contractors to ensure safe and efficient work is performed.
- Maintains the high standards of the Oliver Winery Customer Experience as it relates to cleanliness, maintenance, functionality, organization, and safety.
- Shares responsibility in weekend maintenance as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 6-8 years of mechanical experience in one or more of the following areas: High speed packaging/bottling equipment, Industrial Maintenance, Heavy Duty Equipment Maintenance, Boiler Maintenance, Refrigeration, HVAC.
- Demonstrated success in trouble shooting systems.
- Relevant certifications and training demonstrating technical capabilities.
- A valid driver's license and ability to be insured on company vehicles.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and maintenance software (CMMS).
- Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50 pounds regularly.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates high level of competency resulting in consistent quality work.
- Self-motivated to maintain and improve quality and efficiency standards.
- Communicates positively and effectively with varying departments and personnel.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for PMs, repairs and projects.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and performs tasks with thoughtful attention to detail for maintaining and improving equipment, efficiency, safety, cost, and enhances customer experience.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and the ability to observe others and the work environment. The employee must wear required provided PPE including hearing protection for the bottling line. This position may occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor power equipment, chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, hourly. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday with some evening/weekend work.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend that you submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.