Division Sales Manager (IL, WI, MN, IA, MO, NE)
- - Wholesale Sales
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
We're proud to say Oliver Winery has been recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as a Gold COVID Stops Here workplace for achieving a 90% vaccination rate. #covidstopshere
Oliver Winery, the 29th ranked winery in the US, is seeking a Division Sales Manager to represent the winery in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska. Our high-quality wines and innovative approach to winemaking continues to attract new fans across the country. As our company continues to grow nationally, the Division Sales Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of strategic sales for the Oliver Winery portfolio through wholesale distributors in their territory. The ideal candidate will live in Northern Indiana or Northern Illinois and will be able to maintain a flexible travel schedule.
Planning and Management:
- Masters knowledge of Oliver Winery products, brand standards, expectations, as well as knowledge of competitive products within territory.
- Develops understanding of seasonal and programming plans undertaken to meet goals.
- Master distributor and Winery reporting systems for sales/depletions, state spending, and planning activities.
- With support of supervisor, participates in building market plans to achieve brand goals and meet company's financial objectives.
- Participates in regular business reviews with regional chain accounts and wholesalers to evaluate distribution, sales, and program status. Learns to identify market gap opportunities for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Develops distributor relationships to gain appropriate share of mind. Learns organization structures and decision-making chains of command for distributor locations within territory.
- Analyzes promotional budget spending and manages to plan.
- Evaluates programming results in order to improve future programming.
- With supervisor, evaluates accruals and year end projections.
Selling and Sales Plan Execution:
- Masters skillset for productive market visits and work withs, including evaluation of retailer landscape, pertinent geographies/population centers, distributor locations, and state laws within territories. Also exhibits collaborative and additive salesmanship skills to contribute to Winery/distributor partnership.
- Implements market-level plans, including new product launches, promotions (distribution and displays), and shelf/merchandising standards in market, to achieve brand goals and meet company's financial objectives.
- Supports distributors within territory - participates in work withs, general sales meetings, training sessions, and trade shows.
- Implements market specific pricing and promotions (distribution, displays, and new products), tracks progress, and communicates results.
- Manages distributor's inventory vs sales.
- Manages execution of POS materials to plan.
- Develops relationships with key accounts, regional chains and independent buying groups with and through distributor sales personnel to expand distribution and develop new sales opportunities.
- Manages the implementation of shelf schematics and merchandising of products according to company brand standards.
- Monitors and reports competitive activity. Devises plans with supervisor to respond to this activity.
- Supports local and out-of-state tasting events in effort to enhance Oliver's brand awareness.
- Investigates and resolves service issues.
Communication and Administration:
- Reports market activities, accomplishments, and opportunities to management.
- Maintains accurate records regarding distributor contacts, organizational structure and competitive brand alignments.
- Communicates effectively and constructively with wholesalers in order to maximize performance to plan.
- Progressively masters presentation building skills for effective sales meetings with distributors and retailers.
- Masters the preparation of pricing, business, and market reviews in order to maximize impact with our brands in your territory.
- Completes business plans, market re-caps, competitive pricing reports monthly.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-7 years' experience on the supplier and distribution side of alcoholic beverage sales industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking and customer service experience.
- Leadership in providing guidance for distributor staff and volunteers.
- Professional demeanor and situational awareness.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel schedule.
- Resourceful when the environment, people, and supplies are anomalous.
- Communicates and works with customers and employees at all levels (Oliver executives and those from outside companies, fellow managers, customers, and part time event staff).
- Accepts direction, has a willingness to be coached, and constructive criticism from others.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as an Oliver Winery employee.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Sales team also possess the ability to:
- Effectively engage customers, vendors, and distributors to build strong relationships.
- Actively seek out and apply knowledge of beverage industry to further the Oliver Winery brand.
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Make responsible business and financial decisions, operating within the context of sales plan and budget parameters.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Division Sales Manager position requires the ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day. It may also require the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds as well as the ability to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Travel, evening work, and some occasional weekend work will be required.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly encourage uploading a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.