Seasonal Bottling Staff
- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise, participation in wellness events (free flu shots, biometric screening, health-focused lunch and learns, and more), access to employee events and celebrations, paid trainings and meetings.
We're proud to say Oliver Winery has been recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as a Gold COVID Stops Here workplace for achieving a 90% vaccination rate. #covidstopshere
The Seasonal Bottling Staff assists with the general labor needed to run Oliver Winery's state-of-the-art bottling lines. Seasonal Bottling Staff are responsible for assisting with bottling labor including lifting case boxes, manually transporting glass bottles to the line, and setting up/cleaning up the bottling line as directed. The ideal candidate enjoys quality-driven repetitive work and is dependable and detail-oriented. On-the-job training will ensure that Seasonal Bottling Staff will have the ability to follow all Winery and Standard Operating Procedures. These staff members will report directly to the Winery Operations Director and will take direction from the Bottling Manager.
This position is seasonal, and is projected to last three months with the option to extend based on company needs.
- Performs general wine bottling line labor including loading the line with empty glass bottles, stacking pallets, and manually lifting case boxes to pallets.
- Performs cleaning and sterilization operations as directed.
- Assists with the setup and cleanup of bottling line.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
- Follows work orders accurately.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with fellow employees and winery managers.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, and lifting. This role also requires the ability to safely observe others and the work environment.
Typical Schedule: Position is seasonal based on winemaking and bottling demands, up to 40 hours per week. Bottling shifts begin at 8am and typically end at 5pm. This position is scheduled during the day between Monday-Friday.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
- Paid training and meetings.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
We strongly recommend you submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC