- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
We're proud to say Oliver Winery has been recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as a Gold COVID Stops Here workplace for achieving a 90% vaccination rate. #covidstopshere
The Forklift Operator serves as a key support position for our winemaking department. This staff member works under the supervision and direction of the Director of Operations. The Forklift Operator's main responsibilities include supporting Oliver Winery's state of the art bottling line through moving, stacking, and transporting pallets of wine and glass. In addition, this staff member accurately and efficiently loads & unloads freight for winery business, reports receipts and deliveries, and stacks product in the winery's warehouses, all in accordance with the Winery's Standard Operating Procedures. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of experience operating forklift trucks. They are also thorough and value performing precise and accurate work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely, efficiently, and responsibly operates a forklift truck.
- Carefully and accurately moves and stacks pallets of wine according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Safely unloads glass delivery trucks and stacks glass pallets.
- Safely and accurately loads and documents shipments according to standard operating procedures.
- Transports glass pallets to the winery bottling line.
- Loads and controls quality of pallets into the palletizer machine.
- Changes out stretch wrap on wrapper.
- Performs quality control of pallet formation and stretch wrapping.
- Manually builds pallets of bottled wine.
- Unloads freight deliveries and stocking in warehouses, according to the standard operating procedures.
- Maintains organized FIFO (first-in, first-out) inventories.
- Performs warehouse cleaning and organizational duties as directed.
- Adopts and maintains 5S culture and established winemaking practices.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience operating a forklift truck.
- Experience working in a commercial warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated history of organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively, and up to 70 lbs. on occasion.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured to drive Winery vehicles.
- Due to the nature of our business, applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Desire and ability to follow all Winery and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Desire to work in a quality-driven environment that is committed to safety.
- Comfort in operating Winery machinery with attention and focus.
- Ability to perform tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances and ensures wine quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Ability to communicate and work with employees, managers, and guests at all levels.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a wine manufacturing setting that will require long periods of sitting on/operating the forklift truck. It is estimated at least 60% of the time, the Forklift Operator will be sitting on the forklift truck while the other 40% of time will consist of inspecting pallets, loading pallets, documentation handling, or stacking and/or hand-wrapping 40 lb. cases of wine or other winery products.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, generally 40 hours per week. Schedule for this position will typically be 8am – 5pm Monday-Friday, and is based on warehouse/bottling needs.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC