Facility and Maintenance Technician
- - Facility
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. Generous PTO and paid holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation. Employee discounts on wine and merchandise. Access to Oliver Winery's Live Well wellness program and We Give donations program.
We're proud to say Oliver Winery has been recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as a Gold COVID Stops Here workplace for achieving a 90% vaccination rate. #covidstopshere
Oliver Winery's Facility and Maintenance Technician is an experienced and knowledgeable staff member that plays an important role within our Facility department. Under the supervision and direction of the Facility Director, this staff member completes assigned work orders related to preventative maintenance throughout the Winery's entire facility. They perform and enjoy hands-on work within all areas of maintenance including plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, and mechanical work. As a part of our quality-driven Facility team, the Facility and Maintenance Technician plays a crucial role in keeping our facilities safe and enjoyable.
- Completes work orders related to preventative maintenance and repair of building equipment including HVAC units, glycol chillers, valves, process piping, hot water heaters, walk in refrigeration units and coolers.
- Maintains landscaping equipment, building interiors and exteriors, grounds upkeep, snow removal, emergency maintenance, and operational troubleshooting of equipment.
- Maintains the high standards of the Oliver Winery Customer Experience as it relates to building cleanliness, maintenance, functionality, and safety.
- Performs hands-on maintenance work including, but not limited to, dry wall repairs, painting, parts replacement, plumbing repairs and retail display maintenance and construction.
- Maintains technical competency and remain current in technology, keep abreast of changing technology on HVAC systems, mechanical controls, fire safety and security systems, etc.
- Additional duties, as assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two+ years of maintenance or mechanical/electrical trade experience, including experience troubleshooting electrical components on a commercial level.
- HVAC Certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Possess a valid driver's license and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with or around outdoor power equipment.
- Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50 pounds regularly.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Performs tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances customer experience, efficiency, safety, and cost.
- Organizes and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes tasks in a thoughtful manner.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position may occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor power equipment, chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, hourly. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday with occasional night/weekend work. Available to be "on-call" one weekend each month.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.