Design and Content Internship
- - Internships
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise, participation in wellness events (free flu shots, biometric screening, health-focused lunch and learns, and more), access to employee events and celebrations, paid trainings and meetings.
We're proud to say Oliver Winery has been recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as a Gold COVID Stops Here workplace for achieving a 90% vaccination rate. #covidstopshere
Oliver Winery is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern to join its marketing team. Oliver is a national, best-selling brand, and our in-house marketing team produces innovative, strategic creative work. The Marketing Intern works alongside our full-time Design Lead and Digital Marketing Manager in an intimate team environment while gaining experience in product design, advertising, retail point-of-sale and display design, and digital content creation. We value your talent, so this is a paid position aligned to the right candidate's schedule. The Marketing Intern reports to the Design Lead with oversight from the Marketing Director.
Internship dates are tentatively May – August 26, 2022.
- Works with Design Lead and Digital Marketing Manager to produce and develop hands-on design work and content for Oliver Winery.
- Updates point-of-sale materials and advertisements, menu and wine list designs, and retail displays and signage.
- Assists Digital Marketing Manager with creation of blog, website and e-mail design, social media content, and digital graphics.
- Reviews and proofs design concepts.
- Presents design concept boards and/or finished designs to team and clients.
- Assists Marketing team with asset management such as closing out finished projects and photography/stock asset inventories.
- Creates content for Instagram Stores based upon e-mail campaigns.
- Writes and designs e-mails assigned on project list.
- Monitors social media and responds to comments/messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including:
- Photography, illustration, lettering, etc.
- POS and retail element vendor sourcing.
- 30-minutes per day linking/commenting on influencer posts.
- Performing hashtag research.
- Having fun!
- Must have relevant course work and on-the-job experience in graphic design and copywriting.
- Candidates with samples of professional creative work or students currently enrolled in Graphic Design, Media, or Journalism with Design emphasis preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, in a Mac environment is required.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Deadline-driven creative thinker.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented professional environment.
Members of our Marketing team will also possess the ability to:
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues and departments across the company to meet the needs of key stakeholders and our audience.
- Clearly and effectively present information and ideas.
- Actively seek out knowledge in marketing and beverage industry, regularly sharing the best of the industry to inspire team members and clients.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
TYPICAL SCHEDULE: An average of 20 hours per week, flexible Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. An earlier start date may be arranged and the internship could be extended through the fall, based on performance. Internship dates are tentatively May – August 26, 2022.
DEADLINE: Materials must be received by Friday, January 28, 2022.
TO APPLY: Please include a cover letter and resume including three references that can substantiate your work ethic or design abilities. Applicants invited for interview will be asked to bring a portfolio of their design work.
PAY: Internship is a paid at a rate of $12/hour. Anticipated timeline will be May-August 26, 2022.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.