Regional Sales Director Sunbelt-West
- - Wholesale Sales
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, PTO and Paid Holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program. Paid training, wellness programs, charitable giving matches. Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
Oliver Winery is proud to be named the 28th largest winery in the United States. Oliver is seeking an engaging Regional Sales Director Sunbelt-West to lead and execute dynamic distribution expansion in 11 Key States (Texas, Arizona, California, Washington, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska). The Regional Sales Director Sunbelt-West takes the lead on determining strategic sales plans for their territory, all while leading, coaching and directing a sales team. The ideal candidate uses their demonstrated persuasive abilities to effectively engage, motivate and connect with market distributors and retailers to expand the Oliver portfolio. They are influential and collaborative with a strong focus on/commitment to producing dynamic results.
The Regional Sales Director Sunbelt-West will be based in Texas and will need to maintains a flexible travel schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful Sales Plan Development and Execution for Oneself and One's Team:
- Develops market plan and manages distributor relationships to achieve brand goals and meet company's financial and quality of sales objectives (revenue, contribution margin, distribution, display, pricing). Performs gap and opportunity analyses, and devises corrective strategies and plans where necessary.
- Manages market trade spend and distributor incentive programs to improve efficiency wile securing incremental distribution and merchandising.
- Conducts meetings with distributors to improve product knowledge and sales execution.
- Conducts regular business reviews with chain/regional accounts and wholesalers – sets agendas, prepares presentations, and leads meetings on products, programming, and execution toward plan. Constructively overcomes objections and respond to challenges.
- Cultivates relationships with regional key accounts, chains, and independent buying groups with and through distributor sales personnel to expand distribution and develop new sales opportunities.
- Sets and evaluates existing pricing within territory to maximize Winery profit contribution.
- Recognizes and quickly assimilates competitive, consumer, and channel insights into a responsive action plan.
- Sets sales budgets and promotional spending in order to efficiently achieve plan. Manages performance to plan, resetting course as necessary in order to achieve goals.
- Conducts relationships with distributor personnel at all levels in order to achieve brand goals and meet Winery's financial objectives. Increases share of mind for Oliver brand with higher level distributor management.
- Prepares regular forecasts and accruals.
- Contributes value added ideas and concepts for future growth of territories.
- Establishes in market presence with distributors within territory – participates in work withs, sales meetings, training sessions, and trade shows.
Leadership, Supervision, and Development of Division Sales Managers:
- Leads, coaches, empowers, and directs Division Sales Manager(s) to achieve results in line with sales plan and expectations. Serves as day-to-day supervisor for these positions.
- Fosters a culture of accountability and engagement with the Winery's goals and mission.
- Ensures that Division Sales Manager(s) are using Winery tools for planning and assessment, prioritizing effort and objectives to ensure market penetration of portfolio.
- Encourages development of planning, selling, communication, and administration skills on DSM team, to maximize growth opportunities for Division Sales Manager(s) and Winery.
- Conducts regular reviews and assessments, including coaching conversations and development opportunities for staff.
- Participates in hiring and onboarding Division Sales Managers for territory, as necessary.
Communication and Administration:
- Reports to VP of Sales on progress of Division Sales Managers in achieving goals; strategizes with VP of Sales on development of market, distributor, and retailer plans to maximize accomplishments and opportunities.
- Maintains accurate records regarding distributor profiles, organizational structure and competitive brand alignments.
- Builds effective and impactful presentations to suit audience.
- Exhibits thorough, informative, and timely communication with distributor, Winery, and retailer personnel.
- Consistently utilizes Winery business planning tools, market recaps, CPR's, at a high level to maximize performance.
- Oversees and leads Winery relationships with Distributor management in accordance with Winery values and goals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years' progressive experience on the supplier or distributor side of alcoholic beverage sales or an applicable skill set in a related area of sales.
- Persuasive selling skills.
- Business experience managing a region and important sales drivers such as pricing, margins, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking and customer service experience.
- Proven leadership in directing staff.
- Professional demeanor and situational awareness.
- A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
- Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding leadership and coaching ability with staff.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Proven distributor management and analytical skills, as well as P&L understanding.
- Ability to maintain a flexible travel schedule.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Sales team also possess the ability to:
- Effectively engage customers, vendors, and distributors to build strong relationships.
- Actively seek out and apply knowledge of beverage industry to further the Oliver Winery brand.
- Execute assigned tasks at a high level, with attention to detail and thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Make responsible business and financial decisions, operating within the context of sales plan and budget parameters.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The Regional Sales Director West position requires the ability to stand, walk, lift and bend for up to 8 hours a day. It may also require the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds as well as the ability to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Travel, evening work and some occasional weekend work will be required.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2023 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC. EOE