- - Winemaking
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, PTO and Paid Holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program. Paid training, wellness programs, charitable giving matches. Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
Oliver Winery, the 28th ranked winery in the US, is seeking a Cellar Assistant.
The Cellar Assistant Level I works as a member of our Winemaking team, assisting in daily winemaking activities.
• Assists the winemaking team in daily activities.
• Works mainly in winemaking, but may be required to help in other departments as needed.
• Performs winemaking tasks according to standard operation procedures.
• Works to master Standard Operating Procedures for Cellar Assistant Level I in General Movements/Operations, In Tank Procedures, Safety & Security and Wine Additions based on aptitude and winery needs.
• Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
• Minimum of an associate's degree or equivalent combination of coursework and work history.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and be able to be insured on company vehicles.
• Ability to repeatedly lift 50 or more lbs. for extended periods of time.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
• Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
• Due to the nature of this position, employee must be able to taste, smell and see (must have color vision).
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
• Detail oriented and focus on safety.
• Perform tasks with thoughtful attention to detail that enhances/ensures wine quality, efficiency and safety.
• Work efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Accept direction and constructive criticism from others.
• Communicate and work with customers and employees at all levels (Oliver executives and those from outside companies, fellow managers, customers, and part time production staff).
In addition, all successful winery employees will be able to:
• Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
• Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
• Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and steps, operating complicated machinery and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position requires the ability to work on catwalks with a safety restraint. Specific abilities required by this job include color vision and the ability to taste and smell. TYPICAL SCHEDULE: Position is full-time with benefits. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday but is dependent on time and work load.
We strongly encourage uploading a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest with your resume. Please submit a link to your work/portfolio.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.© 2023 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts