Oliver Winery Special Events Intern: Spring 2024
- - Hospitality
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Generous employee discount on wine (50% discount), food and merchandise, paid meetings and trainings, on-the-job wine education and training, free lunch every Thursday for onsite staff, invitations to employee events such as Wine Wednesdays, access to award-winning wellness program (free flu shot clinic and biometric screening clinic, a company volunteer day, etc.) and donation-matching program, access to comprehensive Employee Assistance Program.
Spring Internship dates are February 12th - May 17th, 2024.
Do you want a hands-on event planning internship experience? Do you want to develop the skills you need to succeed in the hospitality industry? Oliver Winery, Indiana's oldest and largest winery, has a unique opportunity for you! Oliver Winery's Special Events Intern is responsible for assisting the events and hospitality team in the promotion and execution of both onsite and offsite special events. The intern reports daily to the Events Assistant, and the ideal candidate is detail-oriented, energetic, flexible, and eager to learn.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Special Events Intern is responsible for assisting the events and hospitality team in the promotion and execution of both onsite and offsite special events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as initial point of contact for all special event inquiries.
- Responds to phone calls and emails within 24 hours and offers sensational service when presenting event options.
- Updates company calendar daily, and communicates upcoming events to employees.
- Assists with setup and execution of day group tours and private evening events.
- Assists with the promotion and execution of our festivals and events.
- Prepares supplies for offsite events.
- Travels to offsite events throughout the state to assist with execution of event.
- Greets customers, runs the register and pours tastes of wine for our customers during onsite events.
- Attends all staff meetings relating to special events.
- Keeps marketing database up to date with customers' information.
- Follows up after an event with customers by sending thank you and evaluation emails.
- Keeps musician database up to date with musicians' information.
- Assists with research projects to increase event success and profitability.
- Assists with the management of our Creekbend Farmhouse.
- Additional duties, as assigned by the Management.
- Pursuing a degree in Event, Hospitality, and Tourism or a related field.
- Events related experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Embody a professional demeanor and situational awareness.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be over 21 years of age.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Public speaking and customer service experience.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Performs quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Participates in team-oriented problem solving.
- Responsive and flexible with last minute requests.
- Possesses a high attention to detail.
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism from others.
- Interacts well with fellow employees and winery managers, as well as customers and vendors.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities, including meeting deadlines for reports & filings.
- Demonstrates willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
Members of our Hospitality team also possess the ability to:
- Actively, passionately seek out knowledge of wine and the Oliver wine portfolio
- Provide the highest level of service to customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Engage and build strong relationships through active listening and clear, thoughtful communication and teamwork.
- Be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
TYPICAL SCHEDULE: This is a temporary full-time internship. Anticipated schedule is approximately 40 hours per week, with various shifts Sunday-Saturday depending on events.
DEADLINE: Materials must be received by Friday, October 20th, 2023.
PAY: Special Events Interns are paid at a rate of $3500 per internship.
Internship is based on a 40-hour work week for 14 weeks. Schedule will vary and will include evenings and weekends.
This internship is designed to meet the requirements of Indiana University's School of Public Health professional internship requirement.
Students from other schools are welcome to apply.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2023 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.