- Hospitality - Events
- Bloomington, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and supplemental benefits, PTO and Paid Holidays. Employer 401(k) matching program. Paid training, wellness programs, charitable giving matches. Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
Oliver Winery's Ecommerce Manager is an innovative and detail-oriented individual. Within our Hospitality department, the Ecommerce Manager owns all components of strategic planning and execution within our ecommerce channel. In addition, he/she works closely with our in-house Marketing team to craft engaging campaigns and newsletters based off data insights from the CRM management tool, ecommerce storefront and POS system. This individual oversees the customer experience and interface with our online store, ensuring a cohesive omnichannel shopping experience. The ideal candidate brings demonstrated experience with ecommerce marketing and merchandising, managing an ecommerce storefront, cloud-based POS systems and analytical tools. He/she also maintains high standards of customer service and communication.
- Dynamically leads ecommerce strategy to drive growth, including:
- Staying current with market research to understand rapidly changing competitive landscape.
- Devising strategies that incorporate innovative and creative ideas to reach targeted consumers.
- Analyzes site and performance to identify relevant insights and builds plans to meet and improve on established KPI's.
- Leads winery efforts to grow the ecommerce opportunity within the 3-Tier system.
- Works directly with our Compliance Manager to ensure our webstore infrastructure remains up to date with all relevant government regulations.
- Serves as first point of contact for all ecommerce related questions or inquiries.
- Assists with responding to day-to-day customer requests related to their online accounts.
- Processes and batches all orders through compliance and shipping software; compiles orders for fulfillment staff on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with Hospitality Management to ensure the timely fulfillment of ecommerce orders.
- Manages operational functions of New Wine Releases/New Product Launch including compliance and digital content.
- Oversees the workflow of our digital storefront with a focus on efficiency, transparency, and communication.
- Regularly evaluates ecommerce platform and company website for accuracy and optimal customer shopping experience.
- Maintains CRM database for all customers including those acquired through tasting room purchases, website visits and wine clubs.
- Meets annual ecommerce and shipped wine goals related to budget and profitability.
- Collaborates with Hospitality Management to curate opportunities to support new and existing tools/initiatives to drive growth of ecommerce/direct to consumer and clubs/subscriptions.
- When needed, helps to physically fulfill ecommerce orders, specifically around high volume times (promotions, Wine Club, peak season).
- Collaborates with the Hospitality Director and our Marketing department to create a rolling 12-month calendar, to plan across inbound channels, including email marketing, paid search and social media. Works directly with the Digital Marketing Manager on content creation and timelines.
- Improves customer engagement through a tailored email, SMS and loyalty experience.
- Collects and reviews email performance metrics with creative team to ensure email marketing campaigns are targeted and relevant to the database or specific segment.
- Executes weekly, monthly and ad hoc analysis using multiple data sources including the email database and Google Analytics, Microsoft BI and our ecommerce platform.
- Continuously reviews active campaigns with our platform partners for areas of improvement and new opportunities, working with vendors to add products when necessary to meet goals.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, merchandising, or relevant business field.
- 5+ years ecommerce marketing and merchandising experience of a DTC business.
- 2+ years directly managing an ecommerce storefront using Salesforce, Shopify, BigCommerce, or similar platform.
- Experience with cloud-based POS systems and support a plus.
- Experience utilizing Google Analytics and Microsoft BI Analytics.
- Experience with a robust CRM management tool and expert knowledge in triggered email series, list building, and segmentation.
- Solid design aesthetic and copywriting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Because of the nature of this position, must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Performs quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Responsive and flexible with last minute requests.
- High attention to detail.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Exhibits interest and appreciation for wine.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
Members of our Hospitality team also possess the ability to:
- Actively, passionately seek out knowledge of wine and the Oliver portfolio.
- Provide the highest level of service to customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Engage and build strong relationships through active listening and clear, thoughtful communication and teamwork.
- Be flexible and responsive in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds as well as the ability to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours a day during scheduled desk days. There may be visual or ergonomic strain due to computer use. It also requires extended periods of concentration and focus.
TYPICAL SCHEDULE: This position is scheduled five days a week 40-45 hours per week, typically Monday-Friday. As part of the Hospitality team, this position is expected to assist with special promotional events and sales which may include the occasional weekend or evening.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
We strongly recommend you upload a cover letter along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor!
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2023 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC. EOE